Easy Apple Rolls



As avid readers of my blog know, I love anything apple.  For those keeping track, this will be my fourth apple themed post!  It's just a great flavor for fall.  Today I have a simple treat that's quick, easy, and extremely tasty! It only takes around 10 minutes to make and 10 minutes to cook.  Much faster than the apple cupcakes or an apple pie, for sure!

I got the idea for this creation when I made some pizza rolls the other day.  I found them on Pinterest and it just required rolling out Pillsbury biscuits and stuffing them with pepperoni and cheese.  They were a big hit with my husband and I, and it got me thinking about dessert versions. I started thinking about apples and cinnamon sugar, and couldn't wait to try them out!

One of my favorite memories from growing up was when my mom, sister, and I used to make special cinnamon sugar biscuit treats.  On our birthdays, Christmas, or other holidays we would bake biscuits sprinkled with cinnamon sugar on top.  We even shaped the biscuit dough to make bunnies, bears, and in my case, penguins!  :)  It was amazing how sprinkling a little cinnamon sugar drastically changes the whole flavor.  My mouth practically watered just thinking about it.

Apple Roll Ingredients (yields 5):

  • Can of 5 Grands Pillsbury biscuits
  • 1 Gala apple
  • 1 tbsp cinnamon
  • 1 tbsp sugar
  • Caramel sauce
Apple Roll Directions:
  • Preheat oven to 400F
  • Wash, peel, and cut apple into 1/4 in cubes (mine were 1/2 in and still pretty crunchy when baked).
  • Flatten out biscuit dough with rolling pin on wax paper.
  • Mix together equal parts cinnamon and sugar.
  • Toss apple pieces in cinnamon/sugar concoction.
  • Put several pieces of apple into the flattened biscuit dough.
  • Squirt a small amount of caramel sauce in center of apples (optional).
  • Bring up the edges of the biscuit and pinch closed.
  • With biscuits still on wax paper, lightly cover with butter and then dust with more cinnamon sugar.
  • Turn over and place onto cookie sheet.
  • Bake 8-10 minutes and then let cool.



These are delicious, fall treats! The combination of the cinnamon, sugar, apples, and biscuits is sure to tickle your taste buds.  The hardest part is to try to eat just one!  The smaller the apple chunks are, the less of a crunch you will get.  Mine were in larger 1/2 in chunks and didn't have enough time to cook before the biscuits were done.  The taste was still amazing, though! 
Follow my blog with Bloglovin

Popular Posts