White Chocolate No Bake Cookies


One of my favorite cookies growing up was the popular No Bake Cookie. If you haven't had one before, they are made on the stovetop and filled with cocoa powder, peanut butter, and quick oats - delicious! A family friend always made these cookies for get togethers and would usually sneak my sister and I an extra bag! I've only tried to make them a few times, but they are easy to make, as well as delicious.

While I love these tasty cookies, I decided to experiment a little with them this week. I have always loved white chocolate, even more than milk chocolate. So, I decided to see what would happen if I replaced the cocoa in the cookies with white chocolate. I wasn't sure what to expect, but I loved the outcome! Like the cocoa in the cookies, the white chocolate isn't overpowering, but it helps make a delicious flavor combination. I love the white chocolate combination with peanut butter, and it comes through in these cookies. My husband is a huge chocolate fan, but he even said he liked these cookies more than the traditional no bake!

These cookies follow the traditional recipe, with the replacing of the white chocolate for the cocoa. I added a little extra oats as they seemed a little more liquid than usual, when I replaced the cocoa with melted white chocolate.

White Chocolate No Bake cookies ingredients:
  • 2 cups sugar
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 3/8 cup white chocolate chips
  • 1 pinch salt
  • 1/2 cup milk
  • 1/2 cup butter
  • 1/2 cup peanut butter
  • 3 1/4 cup quick oats

White Chocolate No Bake cookies directions:
  • Mix milk, sugar, white chocolate, butter, and salt in a pan
  • Heat at medium heat until boiling
  • Remove from heat and let cool for 1 min
  • Stir in vanilla extract, peanut butter, and oatmeal, mix well
  • Lay out sheets of wax paper or parchment paper
  • Drop spoonfuls of cookie batter onto paper
  • Let cool

Don't forget to link up to this week's Sweet Tooth Tuesdays link party!

Popular Posts