Ideas for Thanksgiving: Pilgrim and Native American Cupcakes


Welcome to Day 2 of my week-long "Ideas for Thanksgiving" party. This is my third week-long party, and I have a blast planning for them and sharing the posts. Over the summer I did a "Crazy for Chevron" party and then an "All About Apples" party this past September. I started off the party yesterday with an adorable turkey themed veggie platter, perfect as an appetizer for your Thanksgiving meal. Today's treat is another adorable creation, though it is not quite as healthy.

Last year for Thanksgiving, I made some cupcakes specifically for the kids at our dinner. There are six kids at our family get-together and I thought it would be fun to have a cute treat just for them. I looked around online and found some adorable toppers on Pinterest via the blog Hoosier Homemade. My cupcakes are slightly modified from those, but definitely fun and festive. They were a big hit with the kids, and would be great for the kids (or kids at heart) at your Thanksgiving meal!



These cupcakes are so easy to make!

Thanksgiving cupcake ingredients:
  • Icing
  • Red food coloring
  • Black fondant
  • Yellow, orange, red, green fondant (or food coloring to dye white fondant)
  • Vanilla wafer cookies
Thanksgiving cupcake instructions:
  • Roll out black fondant to around 1/16 in
  • Cut out a black top hat for 1/3 of the cupcakes
  • Roll out white fondant to around 1/16 in and cut out female pilgrim hats
  • Dye and roll out yellow fondant to around 1/16 in
  • Cut out small squares for the Pilgrim top hat, they serve as the buckle
  • Using the yellow, cut out thin strips of fondant, to serve as the band
  • Decorate the band for the Native American bands with small dots or red, orange, and green dots. To finish out the bands, finish them off with a red feather-like shape.
  • Attach the fondant head pieces using a little bit of water
  • Using a thin tip, pipe on two white dots for eyes on each cookie
  • Place a tiny ball of black fondant in the center of each eye
  • Pipe light red icing on each cookie for the mouth
  • Ice cupcake with reddish-brown colored icing (this looks like the clothes of the Pilgrims and Native Americans)
  • Place a cookie on each cupcake
  • ENJOY!
Make sure and keep checking back each day this week for more Thanksgiving themed ideas. I don't have my Sweet Tooth Tuesdays link party going currently, but I am wanting to get it started again. So tomorrow, make sure and link up YOUR Thanksgiving ideas! I love sharing mine this week, but I can't wait to see yours as well.

Popular Posts